Tooth Extractions in East Longmeadow, MA
Sometimes teeth need to be removed to prevent infections from forming. Cavities, trauma, and fractures can all lead to the unfortunate result of a tooth needing to be extracted. When your tooth or teeth need to be removed, you need to make sure a competent tooth removal expert like Dr. Gregory Zirakian is present. With decades of experience under his belt, Dr. Zirakian will make your tooth removal procedure a breeze. So if you are in the great East Longmeadow, MA area, and you are in need of a tooth extraction, contact us today.
How are teeth extracted?
There are a series of steps involved in the removal of teeth:
- The tooth is anesthetized with a local anesthetic similar to Novocaine (the typical numbing agent used today is 2% Lidocaine).
- Instruments such as elevators and forceps are used to gain access to the tooth and to remove it.
- Sometimes surgical blades and handpieces are used if the crown of the tooth breaks off. These instruments give the dentist visualization of where the tooth is underneath the gum tissue.
- After the whole tooth is removed, the socket is cleaned and irrigated with normal saline.
- Stitches may be needed, and most of these sutures are dissolvable.
- Post-op instructions, and medications are given after the procedure is completed.
Why do teeth need to be extracted?
Extractions are performed for a wide variety of reasons, including:
- Tooth decay that has destroyed enough tooth structure to render the tooth non-restorable
- Extractions of impacted or problematic wisdom teeth
- Extraction of extra teeth that block other teeth from coming in
- Extractions of some permanent teeth to make space for orthodontic treatment
What are Wisdom teeth?
- Wisdom teeth are third molars that usually appear between the ages of 16 and 25 at the back of the mouth.
- Wisdom teeth can grow unnoticed until they start to cause issues in the mouth.
- They are commonly extracted when they affect other teeth – this is known as “impacted wisdom teeth”.
- Wisdom teeth are extracted either because they have already become impacted or because they are potentially problematic.
- The extraction of wisdom teeth can be a troublesome procedure.
How much is a tooth extraction is East Longmeadow, MA?
The average cost of a tooth extraction is East Longmeadow, MA is $250. Prices may vary based on the complexity of the dental extraction, the treating dentist, and if any additional procedures such as a bone graft is added to the procedure after the tooth is removed.
Will Dental Insurance help pay for my tooth extraction?
Absolutely. Most dental insurances cover a portion of your dental extraction procedure. Although plans vary, a good portion should be covered by most dental plans.
If you happen to find yourself in need of a tooth extraction in or near the East Longmeadow, MA area, come see the tooth removal expert, Dr. Gregory Zirakian, and his team today. They will make your tooth removal process a breeze, and they will have you on the road to recovery in no time. We hope to see you soon!